Sunday, April 12, 2009

Super dupper Easter eye candy, but not ...

I think I saw the most beautiful woman in the world as I walked through the West Village --- someone named Gisele (no curly horns that I could see). I wouldn't have known who she was, but about half a block up the street there was this gay guy gazing toward her. As I walked by, he said, "Do you recognize them?"

"No. Do I have to?"

"That's Tom Brady and Gisele."

"Sorry," I said, not recognizing either name. "I avoid popular culture like a plague."

He looked very disappointed. Apparently, Tom Brady is quarterback for the Patriots and Gisele is the "Most Beautiful Woman in the World", according to Esquire. I know this because several blocks later the cover of Esquire was shining in a shop window. There was Gisele and beside her picture was the caption, "Most Beautiful Woman in the World."

To tell you the truth, when I saw her she just looked like a somewhat haggard -- but well-kempt -- mom with her husband trying to load a family into a minivan on Easter morning. I'm still gonna claim the sighting. I'm gonna trust a gay man to recognize a swarthy 6-foot 4-inch quarterback and a super model. Besides, what are the odds there'd be a married doppelganger?

No comments:

There's more to NYC