Monday, November 3, 2008

Number 1 reason my mom needs to visit New York City

If my mom ever comes to visit AND if she brings her heart pills, I'm going to take her to only one place, a place where every Asian piece of crap ever imported into our beautiful country can be found in a single Chinatown big-box store.

Pearl River Mart (447 Broadway, in Soho) is the Wal-Mart of Asian crap. … Three floors of Buddhas, beaded curtains, Chinese dragons, tacky clothing, silly shoes, free-standing screens, paper lanterns, Samurai swords, incense holders, cookware and other stuff my mom LOVES.

If your thing is, like my mom's, cheap, Eastern and in one place this is a must do-do.

I love you ma, and I'm kidding. I'll also take you to the wholesale bead stores around Penn Station ... but that's it! You are getting kinda old and I worry that you'll over do it.

2 comments:

Gaea said...

I can hear the whole visit perfectly in my mind. Also, does your mom need NYC, or . . . vice versa? I bet she could fix a few things for the city, set it straight. ;)

R. Arson Teague said...

She would so eat the NYC bead district for lunch and have room for dessert.

There's more to NYC